Plano, with a 2017 population of 275,645, is a prosperous place. In 2016, the City was named the 3rd ‘Best Place to Live in America,’ by Money Magazine. J.C. Penney, Pizza Hut, Frito-Lay, and Rent-A-Center are all headquartered in Plano. Several technology giants have major R&D operations here including Ericsson, Intel Security, CA, Intuit, and Nokia. These companies attract highly skilled workers from throughout the US and abroad.
Plano, unlike other affluent community, is affordable. It has low taxes, housing prices, and unemployment compared to most metros in the U.S. The Plano Independent School District is nationally regarded and provides an education comparable in quality to many top private schools.
The nationally accredited Plano Parks & Recreation Department is a key contributor to Plano’s reputation as a city of excellence. Parks and Recreation enhance the lives of residents and visitors by offering outstanding parks, trails, and facilities, a variety of enriching programs, special events, and activities that contribute to the health, well-being, and quality of life in Plano.
The Plano Lifestyle
Things To Do
- Shopping in Plano – https://www.visitplano.com/thingstodo/shopping
- The Shops at Legacy – http://shopsatlegacy.com
- The Shops at Willow Bend – https://www.shopwillowbend.com
- Shopping | Plano Economic Development – https://www.planotexas.org/464/Shopping
- 56 Best Eats and Dishes in Plano – http://planomagazine.com/the-56-best-eats-in-plano-2016/
Parks & Recreational
- There 10 Recreation Center which include-Pools, Aquatic, Recreation & Community Centers- http://www.plano.gov/1107/Recreation-Centers-and-Pools
- Dog Park at Jack Carter Park – http://www.plano.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Dog-Park-at-Jack-Carter-Park-29
- Plano has 71 Parks – http://www.plano.gov/1101/Parks