The Colony, City by the Lake, is one of the best-kept secrets in the heart of North Texas. Best known for strikingly beautiful views of Lewisville Lake, The Colony extends 23 miles along its eastern shoreline. Residents and visitors alike immerse themselves in hundreds of acres of wildlife as they enjoy a myriad of recreational opportunities including camping, fishing, swimming, boating, hiking, picnicking and cycling. Another family favorite is Hawaiian Falls – the water park that rivals any in North Texas. The Colony also features 28 parks with over 3,000 acres, one of the highest acres of parks per capita in the state. Creative agreements with the city and U.S Army Corps of Engineers led to an award-winning trail system that winds through acres of wildlife management areas along the shoreline of Lewisville Lake.
Incorporated in 1977, the city’s population has steadily grown from 26,531 in 2000 to an estimated 41,000 today. The Colony is located in Denton County, has a land area of 15.7 square miles and is surrounded by Lewisville, Grapevine, Carrollton, Denton, Plano, and Frisco.
The Colony is located in the highly regarded school districts of Lewisville and Little Elm. The Colony is home to six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. Higher education opportunities are available at numerous colleges and universities in North Texas, including the University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, Texas Women’s University, North Central Texas College, the University of Texas at Dallas and Collin College.
The Colony Lifestyle
Things To Do
- American Cuisine Restaurants – http://visitthecolonytx.com/255/American
- Asian – 10 local Asian Restaurants – http://visitthecolonytx.com/256/Asian
- Bakery & Cafes – 12 local Cafes – http://visitthecolonytx.com/257/Bakery-Cafe
- Fast Foods – http://visitthecolonytx.com/258/Fast-Food
- Italian and Pizza Restaurants – http://visitthecolonytx.com/259/Italian-Pizza
- Mexican & Tex Mex Restaurants – http://visitthecolonytx.com/260/Mexican
- Pubs & Bars – http://visitthecolonytx.com/261/Pubs-Bars
- Sandwiches Sub Shops – http://visitthecolonytx.com/262/Sandwiches
Parks & Recreational
- BB Owens Softball Complex – 20-acre venue consist of softball fields, restrooms and home of Laser tag-DFW. Contact Number 972-625-1106
- Blue sky Sports Center – Located on 56 acres of park land – http://www.blueskysportscenter.com/
- Bridges Park – Tennis Courts – contact number 972-625-1106
- The Colony five Star Complex – 80 acres state of the art sports facility – https://www.thecolonytx.gov/363/Five-Star-Complex
- Turner Soccer Complex – four lighted soccer fields with concessions and restrooms. Contact Number 972-625-1106
- Old American Golf Club – http://www.theoldamericangolfclub.com/
- The Tribute Golf Club – https://www.thetributegc.com/
- The Steward Peninsula Golf Course – http://www.stewartpeninsulagolf.com/